Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Decisions- Medication update

So, after much thought I canceled my Botox injections. As soon as I scheduled it I had second thoughts. In the past I have tried 3 rounds of Botox and did not see any difference. I was originally thinking that maybe this time would be different. The more I thought about it though, the less I wanted to do it. I don't like how stiff your head looks, its almost expressionless! Also last time my eye lids drooped ever so slightly (a common side effect) and I don't want it to get worse. To top it all off we are thinking sometime in the near future of having a second child and I just didn't want that in my system at the same time (especially after looking up the animal studies). It also had a $200 copay!

The good news is that I am completely off Zonagram now as well as Nortriptaline. I also stopped the pill. Funny as I always thought the pill did not bother my headaches and perhaps made them better( I used the Nuva Ring and kept it in the full 4 weeks then switched it out keeping hormone leaves pretty constant). Its been a month off it now though and my migraines are not worse, and I am off 2 huge preventatives to boot! So it makes me wonder and hesitant to go back on it! I also have PCOS though and used the pill to manage that so we will have to see what happens in the future I guess. I plan to add some hormone balancing herbs like dong qui to my regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment