Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Was it the goat cheese?

Sorry I have been away for a few days:(

I have had a bad headache for the past couple days. I had some goat cheese on mother's day figured I would take the risk and have some because I really did not want to cook! That could have been the trigger- hard to say as I did not get a headache until the next afternoon. I had to resort to my old friends Zomig and Cambia.  Today I went to the chiropractor and she said my cranials were off as well as a bunch of other things so hopefully things will get better. Although after major adjustments I often get a headache but then after that its way better.

Fingers crossed!

Wishing you a headache free week!

2 comments:

  1. Did you figure out if goat cheese was a trigger? I was just doing some research online about the enzymes that are used in cheese making (because I was curious what "enzyme" exactly meant, which I keep finding on cheese labels) and it led me once more to your site. (I love the headache tea you sent me, by the way!)

    If a cheese say's it's made with enzymes or rennet, apparently it's enzymes derived from the stomach of a calf or pig. If it says microbial or vegetable rennet/enzymes, then it is derived from a type of mold. I can't remember if Heal Your Headache ever talks about moldy foods causing headaches or not, but I know I've heard of it before as being a trigger. Nuts, aged cheese, mushrooms, and all fermented products have a high mold-content, so the theory makes sense, but I'm not sure if it's accurate. If this is the case, then I'm curious if goat cheese/cottage cheese/ricotta with vegetable rennet should be avoided? I just had some in a salad, however, so I really hope it's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind, might be because enzymes could be another way of saying MSG. http://www.msgexposed.com/vegetable-enzymes-mean-msg-on-your-food-label/

    I didn't get a migraine, but I think I'm going to look around and see if I can find any cheese that doesn't have enzymes in it. I really would like to be able to continue eating goat cheese, cottage cheese and fresh mozz!

    ReplyDelete