Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bird Watching and the Sun

We went out to the local Audubon center near us and had a picnic while watching all the great wildlife. It was wonderful and relaxing. We saw ospreys, herons, muskrats, a crane, swans, snakes and so many turtles! It is so fun to take my little one out into nature and teach him about the world. We had a impromptu packed lunch of sun butter and honey sandwiches (for me, peanut butter for them), Newman's Own organic pretzels and apples. It was delicious and migraine friendly of course!

Although by the end of the walk the sun was really starting to bother me. Its a big trigger for me. I was wearing a big wide brimmed hat and big sunglasses but alas it was not enough and I spent some time resting afterward with my heating pad, TENS unit, headache tea etc.
It was worth it though it was a wonderful time spent with my family. Its hard though when headaches seem to interfere even with the most simple outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment