Monday, April 23, 2012

NYC weekend trip!

This past weekend we took a great little family trip to NYC! We had a great time visiting the zoo and experiencing the city through a 2 year old's eyes!

To make it successful I packed a LOT of food! It was definitely a challenge to find food I could eat. I should have done more research but i just ran out of time and energy before hand! We also stayed at a Marriott/Residence Inn so we had a kitchenette which really helped. Before heading back we stocked up at a whole foods:) WOW do I miss that place!
I also brought all my accessories including tea, teapot, heating pad, TENS unit (See the TENS in the picture? that's right I was sporting it at the Bronx Zoo!), herbal tinctures and magnesium oil!
I got a migraine on the drive down (it was sooo sunny) but managed to make it through the rest of the weekend fine!
By the way Vanilla Butter Cream Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery- Highly recommended AND migraine diet friendly plus everyone can get their own flavor! So no whining from fellow chocolate fans about the vanilla choice! My son certainly enjoyed his! Here he is downing his cupcake in Grand Central!

No comments:

Post a Comment