Monday, April 2, 2012

Kitchen Purge

 Its has officially been 2 months on the headache elimination diet. At first I resisted purging my kitchen of things I couldn't have not wanting to waste them if I decided the diet wasn't working or if I added the food back into my diet. However, now that I am 2 months in and my headaches have improved at least 50 percent! (Its hard to get a true number because I recently started trying to decrease one of my preventative meds I have bad side effects from).

Anyway, this weekend I finally got sick of shuffling through all the stuff I couldn't have to find the stuff I could! I got out a huge basket and anything that was still good and in give away condition I put in a big basket to give to a close friend. I found tons of onions, soy sauce, unopened salad dressing, sesame seeds, all kinds of things!  Its nice now to go into my spice cupboard and not have to read the ingredients or try to remember if this was one of the spice blends I could have.
I highly suggest you do a similar clean out after you have been on the diet for a while.
If you don't have a close friend or relatives that will take your trigger foods, food pantries will gladly take unopened foods!
Want to do your own purge?
See here for general foods list, here for msg, and carrageenan



On another note I went to the neurologist this morning. We spent over a hour debating different options. I wanted to switch beta blockers but refused to go slowly off one on to the other again. I had the worst headache for 4 days last time I did that! He finally agreed to let me do it my way if I watched my heart rate and knew the risk and released him of liability lol. Fine! haha cause honestly I was going to do it my way anyway!

Also, I am getting a nerve stimulator thing! I don't know much about it but its coming in 7 or so days! Don't worry I will let you know all about it!

1 comment:

  1. OMgosh, you're freaking me out talking about switching beta blockers cold turkey! Be careful!
    I printed out the tyramine list - going to start trying it. Can't hurt.
    Thanks for shipping so quickly - almost excited to try the magnesium oil!

    http://mommykinz-adventuresinparenting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete