Monday, March 12, 2012

Herbal Headache Teas



One of the most exciting new things I have been using to help relieve my headaches is my own special blend of herbs in a Headache Tea.  My dissatisfaction with my treatment led me to studying herbalism.  It was through this study that I found a whole new way of treating my migraines!

Instead of jumping right to Zomig or any of the pile of pain relievers like Excedrin that I used to grab when I felt a headache starting to come on, I just put the kettle on for some tea! After experimenting, I found the loose tea is the strongest, but the bags are nice to have on the go. I drink one cup after letting the tea steep in a tea ball or tea net/strainer for 5-10 minutes. If I have a headache raging already, I will have an additional cup followed by another every hour or so as needed. At first I needed to have a cup of tea daily, but now I need it less and less as the elimination diet is kicking in and the Chiropractic adjustments are helping too.

The tea has also really helped me to get OUT of the vicious drug cycle I was in. I was taking more and more drugs to counteract the side effects, withdrawals and rebounds from the others. It’s a difficult thing when you have migraines so often you never fully recover from one before the next one sets in.

On Friday when I had the first bad headache in 3 weeks, I did take Zomig, but I drank a LOT of this tea too. I drank it before and after to kind of nip it in the bud, so I wouldn’t have to take a second dose like I used too! Don’t get me wrong Zomig and triptans are a miracle and you need them when you need them, but they have some bad side effects, make me feel exhausted and I would rather not take them if I didn’t have too!

The Headache Tea helps you and your muscles relax, including your blood vessels. It also helps relieve pain. The tea  contains natural histamine blockers which counter allergic reactions that the migraine is in response to.

This tea is so great; I couldn’t keep it to myself! So I opened Healing Headache Teas on Etsy so you could get some too!


The Headache Tea is a blend of 100% organic herbs (except if you get the kind with ginger- the ginger is from Penzey’s Spices!) Each batch is handmade by me and made to order!

Ingredients:
Lemon Balm- calming and soothes the nervous system, histamine blocker

Skullcap- relaxant and pain relieving

Chamomile- relaxant and pain relieving
Feverfew- pain relieving, histamine blocker
Lavender- relaxing, reduces stress, pain relieving

Ginger- Settles stomach, reduces inflammation

Note: The tea does have a “green” taste to it. The kind with ginger does taste better and in a week or so I hope to offer a variety with peppermint too. I found I quickly got used to the taste and the benefit far outweighed the taste! If it bothers you try adding honey or Stevia!

I hope you can soon experience the same healing effect of the Headache Headache Tea like I have.

I think that’s all any of as headache sufferers seek- relief.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel - I just received my healing tea and my magnesium oil. I tried using the tea a week ago when my migraine hit but I was too late in trying it and I had to resort to my triptans BUT I now know this was a hormone migraine and I can predict when this one will hit again so my tea and oil and I will be ready.
    I'm new to herbal/green tea so I will haved to get used to the "healing" taste but I'm so glad there is something natural to try. I'll be glad to try the tea with peppermint when you have it as peppermint is the one natural remedy that really seems to help me.
    Come over and see me at http://mommykinz-adventuresinparenting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink the tea almost daily and don't even notice it any more! The taste is from the feverfew! I can always make it without if you dont get used to it. I make each batch up individually. I will try to get that peppermint up soon! I made some for myself I don't know if it masked the feverfew all THAT well but if peppermint works for you you will like it! Are you using a teaball or something like it? Have you tried peppermint essential oil on your temples and forehead? That can help esp if pep, works for you and you could carry it with you! Mountain rose herbs has good oils. Mix it with the mag oil! lol loved your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world had crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure for Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua herbal treatment (A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.

    ReplyDelete