Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Roasted Chickpea, Cauliflower, Sweet Potato Over Rice



This was inspired by a version I saw over at Healthy Happy Mama's blog. I know I am obsessed with her blog, but what can I say her recipes satisfy my healthy side and my husbands bean side!
Anyway it got rave reviews the other night and it is super flexible. I can see this being a great refrigerator clean out recipe!

Roasted Chickpea, Cauliflower, Sweet Potato Over Wild rice

Ingredients
-One head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
-One sweet potato cubed
-One can of chickpeas
olive oil- I used garlic infused
rosemary
basil
sea salt
1 cup wild rice
2 cups water

drizzle cut veggies and rinsed chickpeas with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, basil, and salt. Roast at 400 degrees until sweet potato is soft around 20-25 minutes. While veggies are roasting start the rice. Add the rice and water in a small sauce pan. bring to a boil. reduce heat and cover. simmering on low for about 20 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.

Serve roasted vegetables over the rice!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment