Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweet Potato and Bean Burgers


My family has been missing their veggie burgers. I can’t find any that either don’t have MSG or onion! When I saw these on Pinterest/Healthy Happy Life I knew they would be easy to convert!


All I did was take out the tahini and use spices I knew would be migraine friendly. I also did not top with onion, ketchup, or that really lovely but migraine triggering avocado she had in her picture!

They are very soft patties and I did add Panko breadcrumbs to the mixture like she suggested. I also used a can each of adzuki and pinto beans instead of the beans she used because I was out.  Also make sure to use a non nut oil to pan fry the patties in!

They were a huge hit around here. Even my two year old ate his which is something these days!

2 comments:

  1. Avocado is a trigger too!!! I saw these on pintrest too and want to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! They are good even without the avocado! I had them with cucumbers in a pita.

    ReplyDelete